Survival Mode and Sandbox Mode Now Available in GalCiv IV's Multiplayer
As the all-powerful leader of a spacefaring civilization, players will seek out new star systems and discover the exciting potential of the subspace realm. With over a dozen starting civilizations to choose from – plus the ability to create unique custom civilizations from scratch - the possibilities for each playthrough are endless, leaving players with a truly unique experience every time they start up a new game.
Survival Multiplayer Mode
In Survival mode all the human players are locked in permanent war with all the AI players. And the AI players become stronger as the game goes on. The human players will be destroyed, the question is, who will last the longest?
Sandbox Multiplayer Mode
Play with all the normal rules of Galactic Civilization IV in a multiplayer game. Explore, make allies, backstab your friends, invade worlds and more.
- Fixed a stuck turn issue caused by AI ships getting blocked entering subspace streams.
- You can no long obsolete your colony ship (it would break the Draft Colonists executive order).
- Typo fixes.
- Fixed a bug where infinite culture points can be granted from firing/hiring commanders as Arceans.
- Fixed an exploit where you can rush culture points early with Arcean commanders.
- Fixed an issue with the Engineering civilization trait not correctly applying the colony decay mod.
- Beam Amplifier no longer affects the entire fleet (just the ship it's on).
- Missile Amplifier no longer affects the entire fleet (just the ship it's on).
- Kinetic Amplifier no longer affects the entire fleet (just the ship it's on).
- Large ship hull logistics reduced from 8 to 6.
- Huge ship hull logistics reduced from 16 to 12.
- Military starbases now get advanced defenses upgrades (+3 to all attack).
- Loyal ability now gives +1 Culture point when a commander is assigned (instead of it granted specifically by the Arcean ships).
- Minister of Colonization now improves Approval on all your worlds except your Homeworld.
- Colonial Supplies executive order now reduces decay on all your colonies by 50% for 25 turns. Its Control cost is increased to 30 and it now has a 50 turn cooldown.
- Increased Onyx Hive Promethion-based growth from 0.002 to 0.006.
- The Planet HUD now disappears on mouseover to make it easier to view and select objects that may be covered by it.
- Added tooltip support explaining how the Onyx Hive's growth works.
View the full changelog and provide feedback here.
Not playing yet? Get GalCiv IV now