AlienGPT in GalCiv IV focuses on the text generation for the game but also picks out alien images that were pre-generated based on previous inputs.
So while the text generation is real-time, the art is not.
The way it works is as follows:
- You enter a description for your alien race "A species of space cats seeking domination"
- You choose the traits for your civ (to the right of the description entry).
- You hit Generate
- Text is generated on our TachyonAI servers and sent back.
- Your description is parsed for nouns and verbs and adjectives and 9 pre-generated alien portraits are selected (3 random, 3 rough guesses and 3 best guesses) and sent back.
- the nouns and verbs are stored and used to generate new art.
- The art generation AI uses Stardock's existing art portfolio (30 years of art) for training.
- New images are generated and put into the alien portraits library.
So post your wishes below. I'll get it started:
A race of sentient grasshoppers
A species sentient lawn chairs
A civilization of exotic space slime
A race of aphids
A race of praying mantises
A race of sentient bipedal ladybugs