With the update from v1.51 to v1.55 not being save game compatible we wanted to take a moment to provide simple instructions on how to access either branch of the game at will.
There are 3 builds of the game:
- default - The current released build
- version_1.51 - Version 1.51 for those who want to play older save games.
- insiders - For those who want to play pre-release updates and help test new features/fixes. These builds eventually become 'default' on release.
How to opt-into a specific build:
- Select "Galactic Civilizations IV: Supernova in your Steam Library list.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Select the BETAS tab.
- From the dropdown, select the desired build and exit the dialog.
- Steam should pull down the changed files; if you ever want to go back, do the same as above but select
default (or None).
On Epic For Insider Build:
To enable the patch, please do the following:
- Open the Epic Launcher
- Select "Galactic Civilizations IV: Supernova - Insider's Edition"
- Install and play!
Epic does not currently support old version downloads.
Please note: The opt-in (Insider Build) is an early preview of the next update, and you might experience bugs or other issues.