The newest update is now Live for all players, details can be found below. With dates reflecting when the updates were pushed to insider build originally.
5/10/23 Insiders Build | v1.51 Changelog
- New battle music
- New music for the Altarians
- Updated the scaling of ships for battle viewer to make more impact.
- Fix for potential crash if Steam not initialized
- Added Artifact Events
- AI will target colonies again, just at a much lower priority. This is because the AI will need to conquer colonies to get range to the more valuable worlds.
- Asteroid policy now provides a 100% bonus instead of +1 (as asteroids give 0.1 production so the +1 flat was literally a 1000% buff).
- Created 9 new anomalies.
- Further adjustments on default map zoom options.
- Removed some unhelpful, confusing policies.
- Fighter tactical speed increased from 2 to 3.
- Missile cooldown increased from 9 to 12.
- Adjusted the probe module so that it also uses 30% of a ship's mass in addition to 1 point so you can't cheese it. You know who you are.
- Beam cooldown increased from 3 to 6.
- Removed a bunch of odd components that were available on ship designs on turn 1 that shouldn't have been.
- Ship range further reduced by default from 24 to 20.
- Starfaring ship range buff reduced from +50% to +25%.
- Fix for visible sectors when zooming out (but not in galaxy view)
- Sector power bar is no longer shrunk and hidden under your faction logo.
- Changed "Military" to say "Shipyard Manufacturing"
- Ideology Trait Choice renamed Trait Discount
- Changed wording on Soldiers to explain what they do.
- Explain the Military Stimulus in non-word salad language.
- Renamed turns to months for better immersion.
- Turns renamed months.
- Updated references "Survey" to correctly reference to "Flag" ships.
5/9/23 Insiders Build | v1.51 Changelog
- More variety in colonization event images.
- More variety in event images.
- Removed the old static blueprints for GC3-style commanders
- Updated the "Empathic Connection" to look more empathic
- New event images
- Phamysht Leader movie is less choppy
- Replacement for placeholder terror star cinematic
- Updated Korath Portrait
- Updated the GC4 log
- Icon shown on the game menu screen to the new Supernova logo
- Terror Stars: Fixed animation of planets turning to asteroids after getting blasted
- Range lines are more prominent
- The battle area increased from 8000km to 8500km.
- Set target ship to use a single line on the Battle Log
- Fix volley damage range bug with survey vs. shipyard
- Moved the light to be more top-down in the follow cam
- SPACE BAR toggle pause
- You can now re-generate the custom faction images
- Faction images are now stored on the cloud and downloaded on an "as needed" basis
- A larger variety of aliens are now available to generate
- Trade performed text speaker swapped
- Move generated images to the 'faction' directory and stop using the full path for the search
- Custom Factions: Fix for getting stuck when generating new leader images
- Increased the query string size
- Reduced some cases of "failed to authenticate" when pressing the Generate button
- Fixed a minor formatting issue with submitted text
- Crystalline civ is now officially named "The Luxar," along with a history.
- Drengin given cruelty ideology
- Drengin hated faction added to Torians
- Iconians lose the Peaceful trait and gain the Scientific trait
- Krynn lose Harmony, gain liberty
- Adjusted how culture trait discounts work. You get discounts based on quest choices with an additional 5% boost every time you pick one
- Balance pass on colonizing events
- Balance pass on faction power calculation
- Balance pass on Prestige victory weights
- Beam range increased from 1000km to 1200km
- Beam weapon cooldown reduced from 4 to 3.
- Decreased the target value of asteroid mines.
- Default speed changed to 1.
- Economists no longer give free trade licenses.
- The player or the AI must have a universal translator before the AI contacts the player.
- Fixed a logic problem that would cause other opponents to win a non-prestige victory to let you try to continue the game, which then could cause endless defeat cutscenes, bad saves getting made, etc. Generally bad news.
- Fixed issue where high-end specialists produced less because they had special (and obfuscated) needs.
- Fixed Thermal Blooming cost from 2380 to 380. (thank you for the report!)
- General buff on how improvements on planets give you as they level up. Improvements might give you less initially, but they will give you more as they level up.
- Increased the perceived AI value of high-quality worlds when colonizing.
- Missile cooldown increased from 8 to 9
- Missile Range increased from 1500km to 2400km.
- Race trait cruelty was removed and changed to Harmony.
- Reduced default ship range by 25%
- Reduced expectations of high-end units so that they don't effectively reduce their output.
- Reduced tactical speed so that battles are more easily monitors and weapon ranges have more impact.
- Removed the block that prevented attacks on core worlds that have a military Starbase nearby.
- Security lights Policy now requires "Colonial Bureaucracy."
- Terran Alliance starting ideology changed to liberty.
- Torians given Opportunistic trait instead of Peaceful.
- Drengi home world greatly improved in quality. They still lose.
- Drones no longer locked by Synthetic trait requirement which frees up mining.
- Explorers Ability increases sensor range by +2
- Further balance of tactical speed changes. Fighters now move much faster.
- New diplomacy modifiers for " different kind of species," "We are natural enemies," and " We covet your territory."
- Orbital Improvements can now affect ship stats for specific battle roles (e.g., an orbital academy now gives a HP bonus to fighters).
- The Blasphemy event can now only happen once per game.
- Tolerance Trait Text change from +1000 influence on +100
- The free ship range decreased.
- AI won't colonize worlds in another player's area of influence.
- Influence Lines are less jaggy on the main map.
- Main Map Pause should also pause FX and Particles
- Fixed various crashes related to unit creation
- Planetary Resistance affects turns to invade. It simply Turns to invade = Planetary Defense / Fleet Conquest
- Added a dialog telling you that your fleet is insufficient to conquer a planet
- AI players will no longer bother to lay siege to low-quality colony worlds
- Ship Design Tooltips no longer show "legions" carried unless the ship is a troop transport
- Enraged changed to hateful in diplomacy description
- Fix for Pragmatic, Malevolence, and Benevolence Title text
- Space Doctrine text made clearer.
- Lots of fixes for grammar and spelling
- Updated text to be clearer when you are helping an alien civ
- Changed "Hate Speech" to Blasphemy
- Changed text so that it's obvious when you are about to agree to declare war on someone.
- Removed the old command ship names
- Restore the Korath cruiser name
- Better descriptions for ships, resources, and units
- Clarified Artifact's infocard "decay" buffs to better show they reduce decay
- Added an alert when starting a survey on an Anomaly
- Adjusted tooltips to be further away from the controls when the camera is zoomed in
- Cultural Progression Screen updates
- Fixed cases where the GNN text doesn't overflow the text boxes
- Full balance pass on the map UI options to declutter the map as you zoom out
- Show Planetary Defense HP stat
- The "Train as worker" button now behaves correctly