Playing through the game and reading posts about the Supernova DLC had me thinking about some things that I think might be worthwhile to see in the game at a later date. This is a small list of them for some concepts.
1. Selection to pull events from the internal list before start of a game- This is mostly to prevent unwanted species showing up in a playthrough. Mostly it would apply to species like Festron and Drengin. It's a bit maddening when I don't have them as a species on the roster and they show up on A.I. controlled planets anyway. If a species isn't on the opponent list than any events that are specific to that species should not show up. (To be fair I look at this cause the internal body horror stuff that is Festron creeps me out. There is a reason why I'm not a fan of the Alien franchise)
2. End Tech that grants an artifact use- Assuming that players reach the end of tech trees see a lot of the same research pop up over and over. It might be useful to have research that will grant a use of an artifact when finished at the end of the trees instead of only ones that continually make weapons stronger. This seems like it would be easier to balance than flat stat increases.
3. Star makers- With the Supernova expansion it seems that new weapons will be released that will have the capability to destroy planets. It might be useful to go the other way with this as well. Star makers would be a device that could possibly take a nebula and turn it into a star system. World Forges that combine an asteroid field into a workable planet. They might have some restrictions in place that give them one time use or make them to large to move out of a sector.
4. Changing the resource list to a drop-down- While it's simple enough to manage at the start of the game, by mid to late game, the variety of resources can become a bit of a pain to manage. This holds especially true if you don't remember the icon for all of them as you then have to mouse hover over various ones to find out what they are. Instead of having a small bar at the top of the screen that uses tiny arrows on either side to adjust, it might be beneficial to add an option to make this a drop down menu with resource names beside their icons.
5. Indicators for special constructs- In game there is an identifier for the capital of the player in the planets and colonies list. For quick reference it might be nice if players could add indicators on a planet for special constructs (one per player, one per galaxy buildings) This would make it easier to find planets that have a designated purpose. Ideally there would be markers that can be applied to any planet but that may be more trouble than it's worth.
6. Recruitment file dumpster- On a number of occasions I've wound up with multiple leaders that were subpar and not worth recruiting. Eventually it presents a problem where the available recruits will all be problematic but I can't look at others due to the subpar ones all having 12 or so turns before they leave the pool. It would be nice to have an option to dismiss recruits that are not wanted in order to open available spots for new possibilities. If there is a balancing issue for this perhaps there could be a timer to the dismiss or a something along the lines of it costs a quarter of the recruitment fee to dismiss from the list.