OK, here's an edited version of my thoughts for workshop guidelines. Feel free to give feedback and constructive criticism. Everything is still open for discussion and changes.
I will be adding to this and editing it frequently as new ideas are added and changes are made. Keep checking back for amendments and changes, thanks.
My thoughts for workshop guidelines.
* Workshop submissions and contributions of original custom ships, race civilization factions made by the players of the game are granted limited license to share and contribute on Stardock Galactic Civilizations IV Workshop. Users MUST read and agree to abide with guidelines, rules and restrictions to use the Galactic Civilizations IV Workshop.
*Users downloading player made original custom ship designs and faction/civilization have no rights or ownership to any users original custom made designs and/or civilizations they downloaded from the Galactic Civilizations IV workshop except for their personal use in their personal game play ONLY and no where else outside of their game including Stardocks Galactic Civilizations IV workshop.
*Users have no rights to upload aforementioned content to Galactic Civilizations IV Workshop without first getting the original authors explicit consent and MUST GIVE DUE CREDIT to the author/creator in the item description of their workshop contribution submission. This will be strictly enforced. Any user found in violation will have item in violation removed from the Workshop and warning, suspension or ban of workshop privileges may result.
* If a user wants to modify another users original design it should be mandatory with the workshop privilege to contact the original ships designer and get their "EXPLICIT" consent before uploading their design to workshop and credit to the original designer MUST be given and shown in the description. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Users MUST NOT not upload another users original design without original designers "EXPLICIT" permission and consent. Furthermore, a moderator should also be able to verify that the user has original authors consent to upload said work to workshop under his own name and must have credited original designer with his name clearly listed in the description. NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Users who's original works are stolen and pirated are strongly encouraged to report violations and should give the necessary information to verify if there is a violation and be wait for the moderators to take action. Action may not always be swift due to different time zones each moderator lives. Be patient. Please do not pressure or pester workshop moderators to act as violations need time to be verified so moderator strives get it right the first time. ( Yeah I know, I'm not always patient )
*Users are also encouraged to create and share their own custom made content on workshop without the need to use player made custom ship and race civ/factions content made by others ( excluding custom ship parts made by players and shared on the workshop ). Originality provides more variety and diversity of content contributed to the Galactic Civilization IV Workshop.
* Volunteer Moderators should be encouraged to use their own best judgement. Moderators need to be firm, fair and impartial. No playing favorites. If a moderator is unsure he should defer to a developer or a more experienced moderator for guidance.
* Repeat violators can have their workshop privileges suspended if they continue to disregard rules and guidelines after being warned for the first offense as follows:
First offense= polite warning
Second offense= 7 day suspension of workshop privileges
Third offense= 30 day ban
Fourth offense= 1 year ban or permanent ban after moderators and a devs discuss if its needed depending on severity of violations.
* Habitual abusers could have workshop privileges permanently revoked ( total user ban ) if they constantly violate the guidelines and rules after a number of warnings go unheeded regarding users original designs if all moderators and a developer feel its warranted that said violator will not abide regardless of suspension.
* Volunteer Moderators, Be professional, polite and courteous as all times. There may be times when dealing with users they will loudly protest against a warning, suspension or ban they received with anger, belligerence and sometimes resort to using name calling profanities. If you encounter this behavior, DO NOT RETALIATE in kind. Immediately cease and disengage all communications with such users and report the incident to a Stardock Moderator or Developer overseeing the workshop moderation. Do not allow yourselves to get lured into arguments with users who violate workshop users rules and guidelines. Its not worth the aggravation.
Please feel free to add or give constructive criticism. Everything is open for discussion and changes so it will be fair and impartial.
Your thoughts please?