Thank you for this feedback. I love the scrrenshots in particular.
When a ship is destroyed, it shows in the "battle log" as having 1HP.The battle viewer is a joke. Here is a short video
showing the first three problems.
- The "damage taken" doesn't match the battle log. (4 vs. 3 in this case)
- The "movie" often does not display the actual action.
- Sometimes the enemy ship does not appear at all.
- If you win the battle, there is no way to return to the viewer if you close it on accident.
- If you are attacked and win the battle, I didn't see a way to open the battle viewer.
I'm not sure what's going on in your video. If you have a save that reproduces I'd love to check it out directly. It isn't an issue I have seen here though I will keep my eyes out for it. (this applies to the issues around the missing ships).
If you win a battle you can click on the battle notification in the upper left to reopen the battle report, rewatch the battle, etc. This applies if you are are the attacker and close the screen or if you are the defender and win the battle.
Policies that are supposed to have a diplomacy penalty (Xeno Harvesting, IP Theft) have no discernible effect on diplomacy.
I checked these to verify and they are currently bundled in the "Your skill in diplomacy" tag in the the diplomacy modifiers. There are a few reasons why this is confusing:
1. "Your skill in diplomacy" can be modified by several things. Including how late in the game you are. In the early game these modifiers are reduced.
2. It can also be modified by the personality of the different AI players. Some AI's give additional weight to diplomatic skill. Some really don't.
3. These factors add up and its easy to forget where they are coming from because there is no breakdown. For example, as the Terrans I adopted the Foreign Dumping policy as them which gives -2 to Diplomacy. And I was unclear as to why I was getting -1 instead of -2. That was because I forgot the Terrans have Civ trait which gives +1 Diplomacy.
So it is work, but it's unclear. To fix I'm going to:
1. Remove the personality trait and turn time modifiers on "Your skill in diplomacy" so it matches the aggregate number.
2. Get a dev to breakout the policy modifiers so that you see "-2 Foreign Dumping" instead of aggregating it all in "your skill in diplomacy".
The Tech Navigator is supposed to show the cost of various techs. However, when you click from one tech to another, eventually the tech costs of everything goes to 0. See Screen Shot #1.
Im unable to repro this, if anyone ahs a save or knows the steps to repro please let me know.
Techapods seem all messed up.
- There is a Techapod Hive on my capital world. One thing says it's getting 0.1 per turn, the other says it is getting 0. See Screen Shot #2.
- There is a Techapod Mining Unit on my starbase and it is supposed to give 10% to manufacturing. 10% to what? See Screen Shot #3.
That tooltip is rounding, which is why you are seeing 0 when its 0.1. Thats a bug.
Techapod Mining Unit doesn't give a bonus to Manufacturing, it gives a bonus to Mining (the amount of Durantium/Elerium/etc collected by that starbace). That part is working correctly, but it shouldnt be a % bonus (10% on 0.1 per turn is so so tiny). I'll switch it to a flat bonus to make it worthwhile.
The advisors aren't particularly helpful sometimes. "Beware the Torian Regime, they dislike us." has been showing the whole game even though our diplomacy is +1.
What are the advisor messages that might be more helpful for new/medium level players?
I lost a colony to pirates. The Torians had a fleet right there and didn't steal it. To see, open this save file
and move TR Star Eagle I southwest.
The Torian fleet is damaged. They are playing it safe and repairing while waiting for a third ship to join them before they head back to Torian space. That part seems normal.
But, your save has blocked tiles in it! And we have been looking for them. Our lead dev got very excited when I showed it to her and she is troubleshooting that problem now.
The Trade Breakdown sometimes doesn't add correctly. See Screen Shot #4.
Yes, those are rounding displays. The question is its better to show decimals everywhere or just round. More casual people want rounding, the more OCD people want decimals.
I think sieges are interrupted by save/reload. I can't prove this though.
Interesting, I'll test this.