Alright. Just going to toss in a few last-minute questions here for the AMA later, just in case I can't make it.
1. Combat Mechanics: The one big change we know about ship-to-ship combat is that it can now last multiple turns, depending on the number of ships involved on both sides. Could you share in further detail how'd this change will affect combat from what we know from GCIII (e.g. retreat mechanics, flanking maneuvers, line of battle etc.)?
2. Combat Mechanics: Apart from multiple-turn battles, could you share any other ways in which combat in GCIV will be different from what we know from GCIII (e.g. weapons/defenses, ship roles, hull sizes, components, carrier mechanics etc.)?
3. Economics: There's been several previous mentions of a "mineral" resource, which is something new coming from GCIII. Could you share more details on what it is, how we can 'harvest' them, and what we can use them for?
4. Economics: In GCIII, the Trade feature as it is now is an anemic mechanic that's easily overlooked, as it's a lot of trouble for not much payoff at all. Are there plans in the works for a more robust, enjoyable Trade mechanic for GCIV?
5. Ship Designer: I understand that the Ship Designer will not be the priority for GCIV going forward, as enough work has gone into it during GCIII. However, as it is right now in GCIII, the Ship Designer is better at the "Lego-building" portion of the ship design process, and isn't so refined when it comes to equipping components on said designs.
Are there any plans in the works to add a "Blueprint Designer", which we can use to create custom blueprints that auto-generate ships according to our own specifications, much like how default ship designs are currently auto-generated in GCIII?
6. Ship Designer: It's mentioned that ship design will not be available in the first alpha. Does that include both "lego-building" and component equipping? Or will the latter be available as well?
7. Citizens/Leaders: With the new citizens/leaders system for GCIV, are there any plans in the works for an Espionage system where we can disguise our own Spies as a Citizen/Leader of an enemy race, and obtain intel and/or cause sabotage depending on where they're assigned by the enemy race?
8. Quality of Life Improvements: Currently in GCIII, we have to bear with issues (such as Trade Offers and UP Resolutions) where we're stuck at a specific screen until we make a decision, without the option of referring to the map and/or information on other 'windows' before doing so.
Are there any plans in the works to improve QoL by making all such screens "minimizable" like you would do with Windows, so that you can come back to them later once you've had the chance to refer to other screens?
9. Ideology: GCIV will see the introduction of a 4-axis system to replace the trifecta in GCIII, with talk of increasing the number of axes. Could you share with us how the new system will affect gameplay, and how the way it does will differ from that of GCIII?
10. Governments: Will this mechanic make a return? If so, how will it differ from what it was in GCIII Intrigue?